Celebrate your beauty in action
Do you have what it takes to be a My Black is Beautiful Ambassador?
For the first time ever, we’re going on a nationwide search for six empowering women who can help us inspire black women and girls to become their best selves.
Entries will be accepted online on Friday, April 11, 2014. Complete the online registration form to get started. You will be required to upload a photo and respond to qualifying questions as part of the online entry process. Join us on Facebook® for more My Black is Beautiful Ambassador Search details, activities and events. Please review the Official Rules for complete details.
Imagine a Future
Imagine a future where every black girl believes her black is beautiful.
You know your black is beautiful … but what about young black girls?
Together, we can empower the next generation of black women to confidently be their best, most beautiful selves.
Three years. One million black girls. A beautiful future starts with you.Learn more Take action
Take Action Today and Transform Tomorrow
Help us change the conversation so that one day every young black girl will feel confident about her beauty. Join the movement to teach, reach and empower young black girls.
Watch the groundbreaking documentary, “Imagine a Future,” which examines beauty and self-esteem issues that challenge black women and girls.
Once you’ve watched the documentary, take action.
- Download the documentary Discussion Guide and change the conversation with your sisters.
About Imagine a Future
My Black Is Beautiful is fulfilling its mission of helping black
women be their best selves through Imagine a Future, an initiative established in association with BLACK GIRLS ROCK! and UNCF, and aimed at supporting and embracing young black girls as they face the most critical years of their lives while inspiring them to be their best.
With scholarships, book awards, leadership camps and forums for teen girls, a groundbreaking “Imagine a Future” documentary, and accompanying online resources, My Black Is Beautiful is making strides toward positively reaching and teaching 1 million black girls over three years.A beautiful future starts with you. Change the conversation. BackTake action
The DocumentaryDirected and produced by Lisa Cortes, Academy-Award nominated for “Precious,” directed by Shola Lynch, “Free Angela Davis” and “All Political Prisoners” director, and executive produced by BLACK GIRLS ROCK! founder and NAACP Award winner Beverly Bond, “Imagine a Future” follows the story of Delaware teen Janet Goldsboro as she wrestles with her own insecurities and travels to South Africa to examine the historical and present beauty and self-esteem issues that challenge black women and girls. Infused with the perspectives of renowned media personalities such as Mikki Taylor, Gabourey Sidibe, Michaela Angela Davis, Tatyana Ali, Gabrielle Douglas and Melissa Harris-Perry, the documentary shines a spotlight on the universal struggle around black beauty and self-confidence and examines the role of black women in media, sports and beyond.
Put your beauty in your own words. Tell us what makes your black beautiful.inspire our sisterhood
Lady Emm’s Poem
By: LADY M.Do you: See me? Hear me? Know me? From the curve of my hips, To the soul spoke from my lips. My body embodies the beauty that I define. My voice, my opinion, my vision. Shades of beauty worth celebrating. A sisterhood with stories to share. Follow my lead. Open my eyes. Uplift my soul. My color does not dictate my beauty. My beauty inspires the world. Sisters of Mother Nature’s great design, My Black is ______, And that is for me to define.
Please read the following agreement carefully, as it details what you may submit and how P&G may use your materials. Among other items, the agreement includes the following terms:
- You will allow us and our partners and agencies to modify and re-use the content you submit, on other webpages or applications online and in offline materials, for any advertising or commercial purposes, without further compensation to you.
- You will submit content that you alone have created, and you will not submit content incorporating third-party images, photos, videos, music, lyrics, etc. You will also not use any names, pictures, likenesses, or videos of any other persons in the content you submit to us.
- You will submit content consistent with “good taste” and the submission guidelines detailed in the agreement.
- You will be submitting content that others can see (including your user name), so you will need to be respectful of your own and others’ privacy.
- You will be required to scroll through the entire agreement and check a box to show that you agree to its terms. If you cannot agree to the terms, do not check the box and do not submit any content to us.
Before you can submit your review or other user generated content, you must (a) scroll through this User Generated Content Agreement and (b) indicate your assent by checking the box at the base of the agreement.USER GENERATED CONTENT AGREEMENT
This agreement (“Agreement”) governs your conduct and the parties’ respective rights with respect to any submissions you make associated with the Sisterhood Story and/or other social media services (collectively "Services") offered and used by P&G. For the purposes of this agreement:
- “P&G” means The Procter & Gamble Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, successors, brands, licensors, licensees, and/or agents. These Services may be offered on various P&G-owned or P&G-sponsored websites, web pages and/or online applications.
- “Submission” means any text, photograph, video, music, audio/sound recording, artwork or other materials or information submitted to the Services.
When you submit a Submission, you agree to the following:
- all content that you submit is accurate;
- your Submission is original and was created by you;
- you are a resident of the United States;
- you are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or at least nineteen (19) if you are from Alabama or Nebraska, or at least twenty-one (21) if you are from Mississippi;
- you are not an employee of P&G nor do you work for an affiliate or agency of P&G hired by P&G to promote and/or sell P&G products;
- P&G’s use of the Submission you upload does not violate the terms of this Agreement and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and
- your Submission (or any portion of it) has not been included in nor planned for use in any other advertising or promotional materials, for P&G or any third party.
You agree that you shall not upload any Submission that includes or references any one or more of the following:
- information known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene or inappropriate language or visuals;
- defamatory, libelous, or slanderous content;
- content which infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, right of privacy, moral rights, and/or any other applicable personal or proprietary rights;
- content which violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- content that engages in, encourages, advocates, or provides instructions for conduct that would constitute a criminal or civil offense under any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- material or content that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, hate speech, whether directed at an individual or group, or that is otherwise unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, corporation, or political body;
- material or content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- content or materials in which you impersonate another person or entity;
- content or materials intended to create disruption or to mislead others interacting with the Services, such as posting multiple Submissions in an effort to monopolize the forum or posting a Submission unrelated to the Services’ designated topic or theme;
- content which includes third party websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- programming or materials containing any Trojan horses, computer viruses, worms, harmful code, or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
P&G shall have the right, but not the obligation, to pursue any one or more of the following actions with regard to your submissions and your interaction with the Services:
- to monitor or review your Submission;
- to remove or refuse to post any Submission within the Services tool that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate the content submission guidelines noted above or any other provision of this Agreement; and
- to suspend or terminate your access to the Services as P&G deems appropriate in the circumstances.
P&G does not guarantee that you will have any opportunity to edit or delete any Submission that you have submitted. You acknowledge that you, not P&G, are responsible for the contents of any Submission(s). None of the Submissions that you upload shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of P&G, its third party service providers and agents, or their respective directors, officers and employees.IP AND RIGHT OF PUBLICITY REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
By uploading a Submission, you agree that you have all the rights to submit the Submission to P&G. You also agree that the Submission does not contain any material or information that, through its inclusion in the Submission and/or use by P&G (for any purpose), would violate or infringe upon any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or persona, right of privacy, moral rights, or other personal or proprietary right of any person or entity or violate any related law or regulation. Your Submission(s) must consist entirely of material and/or information that is owned by you, including but not limited to any text, music, recordings, illustrations, photographic images, and videographic clips. By submitting a Submission, you represent and warrant that it does not contain any works, material or information that is owned or controlled by anyone other than you.
You further agree that you shall not upload any Submission that contains the name, nickname, username, biographical information, vocal recordings, and/or any illustrations, photographic or videographic clips, portraits, likenesses or pictures of any third party or any other indicia of third party right of publicity rights (collectively “Third-Party Personal Content”). By uploading a Submission, you represent and warrant that it does not contain any Third-Party Personal Content.GRANT OF RIGHTS and RELEASE
In exchange for participating in the Services and having your Submission(s) considered for use by P&G in the Services and/or as otherwise detailed below, sufficiency of which you acknowledge, you grant each of the following to P&G:
- a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, display, and perform such Submission(s), in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including, but not limited to, all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law);
- an unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicensable right to use your name, nickname, user name, biographical information, vocal recordings of you, and/or any illustrations, photographic or videographic clips, portraits, likenesses or pictures of you or any other indicia of your right of publicity rights (collectively “Your Personal Content”) as contained in your Submission(s), in composite or distorted form or as otherwise incorporated into other creative works of authorship, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including, but not limited to, all promotional, advertising, marketing, merchandising, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law).
You also agree to waive any applicable moral rights as contained in your Submission(s) for any of the proposed uses listed above. Without limiting the foregoing, submission of a Submission constitutes your agreement that P&G is permitted to display the Submission online for public viewing and/or comment (whether on P&G’s web pages or on third party web pages), to incorporate the Submission in online and offline advertising, marketing, promotional, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute the Submission in all media, whether now known or later developed. However, P&G will have no obligation to post or use any Submission(s).
By submitting a Submission, you agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify on behalf of yourself and your successors, assigns and representatives, P&G and each of its respective officers, directors and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, demands, liabilities and damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of such Submission, including, without limitation, any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity or of moral rights, and/or defamation. Without limiting the foregoing, in no event will you be entitled to, and you waive any right to, enjoin, restrain or interfere with use of the Submission or Your Personal Content embodied in such Submission or the exploitation of any of the P&G’s rights as noted above.
You understand that P&G is relying upon your representations, grants of rights, waivers and releases in permitting you to submit a Submission. You acknowledge that you may not terminate or rescind the grants of rights and licenses and/or the releases contained in this Agreement.CHOICE OF LAW, VENUE AND JURISDICTION
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in all respects in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its choice of law provisions. You agree that any disputes directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively in the federal courts located in Hamilton County, Ohio.
- You hereby irrevocably consent to such venue and to the exclusive jurisdiction of any such court over any such dispute.
- If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
- This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement of the parties with respect to your Submission(s) and may not be changed except by an instrument in writing signed by both parties. This Agreement supersedes any and all prior agreements between the parties.
If you do not agree with the content of this Agreement and/or do not want your Submission considered for any of P&G’s and its brands’ promotional purposes, including but not limited to online and offline advertising materials related to P&G and its brands, do not check the box below or activate the submit button.
Trust is a cornerstone of our corporate mission, and the success of our business depends on it. P&G is committed to maintaining your trust by protecting personal information we
collect about you, our consumers. View full details of our Privacy Statement.
Thanks for inspiring your sisters.
Because of you, we all can make the My
Black Is Beautiful sisterhood stronger.
You’ve had a dazzling year, full of shining accomplishments
and sparkling successes. Now, it’s time to put a bow on
2013 and go out in style!
Throughout the year, you've inspired others with your
unique beauty, inside and out. This holiday season, My
Black Is Beautiful wants to help you celebrate the gift of
who you are. Visit P&G everyday™ for tips and advice to
help make sure every event on your calendar is one to
You have a lot to celebrate — now get to it!
- Beautiful Woman, Healthy Hair
Celebrate your own individual style with products formulated to give you a true difference in the health of your hair. Pantene® has you covered with a variety of products designed to meet the unique needs of African-American hair.Visit Pantene
- Radiant You, Radiant Skin
Olay® skincare products can really keep up with you and keep you going. Deep clean, moisturize and refresh your skin so you can stay sparkling all day and night long. Whether you have combination, oily or dry skin, find the Olay for you.Visit Olay
- Always Beautiful
You’re an extraordinary woman juggling many different tasks with little time to slow down. Always® products provide amazing protection and an incredible fit you’ll barely feel, with flexible designs that move with you and a light clean scent so you can feel fresh.Visit Always
- For the Natural Queen in You
From the lightest of shades to the darkest of hues, the CoverGirl® Queen Collection helps you keep your face, eyes, lips and cheekbones looking simply gorgeous!Visit COVERGIRL
- Rich Color, Vibrant Shine
Clairol® Professional hair products offer you many shades of moisturizing color enriched with natural ingredients for a beautiful, healthy shine.Visit Clairol
- Beautiful, Unconditional Love
Give your tiny miracle all you can. With Pampers® superior comfort and protection, your newborn will feel nothing but love.Visit Pampers
- Beautifully Fearless and Fresh
Secret® has a range of products to help you stay fearless and fresh so perspiration won’t interfere with your busy lifestyle. The clear gels leave no white marks and have the effective dryness you can rely on.Visit Secret
The DocumentaryExecutive produced by Beverly Bond from BLACK GIRLS ROCK! and co-directed by Shola Lynch (Free Angela and All Political Prisoners) and Lisa Cortes (Precious), Imagine a Future gives an intimate, honest perspective on black beauty. The documentary follows Delaware-native Janet Goldsboro on a tour to South Africa, as she examines the beauty and self-esteem issues that challenge African-American women and girls. Interspersed with footage of Janet’s journey are interviews with renowned women in the media, Mikki Taylor, Gabourey Sidibe, Michaela Angela Davis, Tatyana Ali, Gabrielle Douglas, and Melissa Harris-Perry.